Friday, March 28, 2008

Blog 9

I have been pleasantly surprised with how much I've learned and enjoyed this class. I came into it a little nervous because I wasn't very familiar with a lot of computer programs, but I've learned so much! I really liked the format of the class, I was worried that having a 3 hour class would be SO boring, but it really wasn't at all. I liked that we were able to work on our assignments in class- so if we had problems it was easy to get help. I also liked that there was a combination of ways which the material was taught- regular instruction, online videos, classmates showing different things, etc. The only thing I didn't really like was when we had to get up and work with partners and discuss stuff sometimes. I'm really not an antisocial person- but some of the activities felt kind of forced and awkward.

I'm really excited to start using all the things I learned when I have my own classroom. Since I will be teaching elementary school I can't wait to use the technology not only with the kids- but to keep in contact with the parents as well. I really enjoyed the newsletters and the idea of having a class website to share information with parents. In the classroom I hope to be able to use activities like nonlinear power points to keep my students engaged and introduce them to technology.

I'm so excited and nervous about starting my major classes this fall! I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I even get into the program. I can't wait to be a teacher and have my own classroom! I'm still kind of struggling with what age level I want to teach, but I'm sure that will come as I do my observations and student teaching.

No comments: