Sunday, April 13, 2008

Last Post #10

I hope to use all sorts of technology to support instruction in my classroom! Since I am going to be an elementary school teacher I am really excited because I will have numerous opportunities as I will be teaching every subject area to my students. I think I will probably use power points most, especially the non linear ones. I think elementary aged children would LOVE them and get a lot out of them. I also hope to be able to use technology to communicate with parents as well, be it through newsletters, wikis, or my own class website!

I think the most interesting thing about viewing other students blogs was being able to see all the neat and creative ways they plan to use technology in their own classrooms. It was nice to get ideas from other people. I also liked getting to learn about other people and how they felt about the class and the different things they were going through on their journeys to becoming teachers.

I'm not sure exactly what I would like to learn next about technology. I feel like I learned a little about EVERYTHING in this class. I can't think of anything else that I would need to learn about which would help me as a teacher. I guess I would still like to learn more about excel. Even though I learned a lot of neat things, I felt like we were only able to scratch the surface in this class- and I'm still not super comfortable with it just yet.

I feel like the best way for me to achieve my future technology-education goals is to just keep practicing all the things I've learned. I'd like to be able to use a little bit of everything from this class in my own classroom, and the only way I'll be able to do that is to remember everything I learned. Not only that, but I really want to use non linear power points in my own classroom, however it took me a LONG time to make the one I did for class. I figure if I keep working at it I will become faster and be more effective and better at making them for my own students use in the future.

Oh! And I got accepted into the Elementary Education program!!

No comments: