Friday, February 29, 2008

Chapter 6

Chapter 6 focused a great deal on intergrating technology into classroom curriculum. I thought chapter 6 six was especially interesting because I felt like the information was applicable to us as future teachers, regardless of what subfield we are going into (elementary, middle school math, etc.) The chapter discussed different ways in which to include technology in the classroom, even with varying degrees of technology accessible. For example the chapter discussed technology intergration utilizing one and two computer classrooms, multiple computer classrooms, computer labs, media centers, etc. The chapter also touches on KWL charts which I think are a great tool, especially for elementary aged children because it makes them focus on specific areas of learning- what they know, what they want to know, and what they have learned. I am always interested in looking at the assistive technologies section at the end of the chapters because I am interested in teaching special education. This week they discussed using inspiration maps to help organize information for children with dyslexia, which I thought was pretty interesting.

I LOVED learning about the interactive power points this week!!! I think they are so cool and I'm excited to make them and use them in my classroom. I made mine on different animals, and I think it's a great, interactive (and fun!) way to teach children, and incorperate technology in the classroom. Plus, I really had fun making the power point! I thought it was really cool how you can make the power point transition and move from slide to slide without it appearing as though it's moving at all.

Hmmm... I'm not sure what to share with the class. I have to the the GKE tomorrow morning... from 8 am until around 2... not so much fun. I'm also really frusterated with the budget cuts and how they went from admitting like 80 people for the fall and spring semsters down to 30 for only the fall for the elementary education program. I'm applying for next fall so hopefully I'll get it. Ahhhh! So frusterating!

No comments: